Saturday, July 16, 2011

July 5th email with fake DM

This was an email I tried to forward to Patterico on Tuesday, July 5, 2011 at 10:11 PM.
 
 
I've never DM'd with this woman who was harassed by the same socks that are still conspiracy theorizing at his website and scaring off his regular commenters, but they thought I did.  If she thinks we DM'd, it's because hackers hacked Direct Messages from me.  
 
 
The only one I ever sent her is the June 29th one to alert her to the Dan Wolfe apology I was posting, and she posted it at her website http://www.jennifergeorge.com/weiner.html


I sent her this, as well, by email, but assume she never received it since it never went up on her website.

Nearly every fake email, call or DM I've gotten contains a similar sentiment of confusion and not knowing what's going on.  


No one should click on any links anywhere....because hackers are taking over lots of accounts through DM links but they might be able to do it other ways, too.



----- Forwarded Message -----
From: Ron Brynaert <ronbrynaert@yahoo.com>
To:
Sent: Tuesday, July 5, 2011 10:11 PM
Subject: Fw: Jennifergeorge

Sorry to intrude once again,

I assume this is a hacker trick ....

Again, I'm so sorry you're caught  up in this...I cant wait until this horrible nightmare ends....  I believe his is evidence of a crime so please send his to the authorities.  I have a  few more what I assume are fake ones from you, too.

Sincerely yours,
Ron

----- Forwarded Message -----
From: Twitter <dm-ebaoelanreg=lnubb.pbz-e8f46@postmaster.twitter.com>
To: ronbrynaert@yahoo.com
Sent: Tuesday, July 5, 2011 7:59 PM
Subject: Jennifer George (@bIogarsay) has sent you a direct message on Twitter!

Twitter
Jen, has your twitter account been acting funny today too? I been hacked maybe!!
Direct message sent by Jennifer George (@bIogarsay) to you (@ronbryn) on Jul 05, 7:59 PM.
bIogarsay
Jennifer George





Send a direct message



Want to receive mobile notifications?
Download Twitter for your phone »

If you'd rather not receive direct message emails from Twitter, you can unsubscribe immediately. To resubscribe or change other Twitter email preferences, visit your account settings to manage email notifications. Please do not reply to this message; it was sent from an unmonitored email address. This message is a service email related to your use of Twitter. For general inquiries or to request support with your Twitter account, please visit us at Twitter Support.